Friday, May 8, 2009

good story to share

After spending a weekend away with my adult son,I was so impressed by his generous heart,I sent him this email.
"Dear son,i want to thank you for teaching me a very valuable lesson in life by the great example you set.When we were eating at that cafe in Bondi and a person who'd ordered his burger didn't have enough money to pay for it,without a moment's hesitation,you leant over an put the extra $2 on the counter.
"When we were leaving,you also threw a silver five-cent coin onto the pavement and said something like,'Some kid will get a kick out of finding this.'
"Last week,a young man ahead of me in the line at a petrol station didn't have enough money to pay for his petrol.I asked the cashier.'How much short is he?' She told me he had meant to put $15 of petrol in his car but had been looking at the wrong gauge and had put in 15 litres,which came to just over $20.40 - an easy mistake as both gauges run fast.
"Something made me think of you and what you did that night in the cafe at Bondi.I handed the man $6.
He was so surprise and said,"But why would you do this for me?'I just smiled as i thought of you.
"Thank you son,for teaching me that it's better to give than receive'.Now when i see a five-cent coin on the ground and am tempted to pick it up,i think of you and leave it there,just in case 'some kid will get a kick out of finding it'.

No comments: